Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shikakai Update

Well haven’t I just been the slacker of all slackers re the updates!
I bet you’ve all been hanging on the edge of your seats waiting for my latest update.... J
Anywho...So after doing the patch test and discovering that it was the cinnamon that I was allergic to and not the Shikakai as originally suspected, I washed my hair with just the Shikakai alone on Sunday night.
And it was fine. No reactions, no burning, no tingling, nothing. It was great.
It certainly did stink a lot worse without the cinnamon....So that’s a bit of a downer....And I found that it must’ve been the cinnamon that made it more pastey last time, and also granuley.
I found that it mixes better but is a bit more watery without the cinnamon.
I am yet to purchase some soapnut online, as that was also what called for the original mixture but before I use it on my hair, I will do a patch test to check that I’m not allergic to that.
I am also going to do a patch test on my skin with regular cinnamon (from woollies) to see if I react to that.
It’s extremely intriguing that I had an allergic reaction to cinnamon when I’ve eaten it my entire life. The cinnamon I used though was purchased at the Indian grocer along with the Shikakai and I can’t help but wonder if perhaps there may have been something else in this particular cinnamon that caused a reaction to my skin. Stay tuned for the update on that one.
I’m still doing the bicarb soda and apple cider vinegar wash but I’m starting to wonder if maybe I might stop doing that. I have run out of the ACV and I can’t help but wonder if the bicarb may be drying out my hair or maybe I’m doing it too often. I think I might stick to just the Shikakai and honey wash, twice a week and see how my hair goes with that.
I’m sure I had more to update but my brain has gone blank and I can’t remember. J

No comments: