Saturday, August 20, 2011

Another update: Bicarb/ACV

It’s been 2 days since the Shikakamon “incident” and I was planning on doing the next bicarb/acv wash tomorrow (Sunday) after doing a coconut oil treatment tonight.
However, I am going out for a cocktail (or two) and a bit of a dance with a friend and my hair was looking particularly oily and I want to wear my hair out tonight, so I skipped the coconut oil and just did another bicarb/acv wash.

Fresh out of the shower, my first piece of advice for anyone following, don’t shave your legs right before doing this. The apple cider vinegar kind of stings a little on freshly shaved legs!!!

I also tried to use a little extra bicarb in my mix in the hope to make it a little thicker and perhaps more ‘paste-like’ but of course, that didn’t happen. I did however pour the mix into a bottle first for easier application.

My hair is towel drying now but as I am going out and it’s cold, I don’t wish to venture out with wet hair, so I will put a small amount of coconut oil in my hair when I get off here and give my hair a quick blow dry.

Will be interested to see if that makes any difference to the effects of the challenge…it may, it may not. I may or may not be able to accurately report the results given that, as the challenge progresses, my hair should get better and better and it is not meant to be perfect in the early stages so the results may vary with each wash/treatment.

Still, will report my findings upon finding them J

No comments: