Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bicarb & Apple Cider Vinegar Wash

Alrighty…My NO POO Challenge has officially started.

I am fresh out of the shower and I did the Bicarb/Apple Cider Vinegar wash.




Before - hair slicked back

It wasn’t as scary as I first thought it might be.
And from what I can gather, I still have hair - it’s still in a towel…Will film the unveiling momentarily.

I don’t know if I mixed it right or not, I guess only time will tell and practise will make perfect.

Before - hair out (obviously)
It was rather awkward though…Either I didn’t make the bicarb/water mix pastey enough or I’m just a bit unco but it was a rather tricky task trying to pour this liquid over my head, making sure to get my entire scalp as well as the ends of the hair, with my eyes shut so tight to avoid losing an eye ball and my mouth shut to avoid drinking it and accidentally forgetting to breathe….
BUT I think I managed to get the majority of my head, rubbed my hands all over it in an attempt to “lather” lol and then rinsed thoroughly. I brushed it while I was rinsing as well and it was surprisingly easy.

**TIP** Mix it with warm water… lol

Then when I felt it was all thoroughly rinsed out, I did the same awkward move with the ACV, and brushed it through my hair before rinsing. And brushed again during and after rinsing.

While my hair did not feel instantly clean as you expect from using shampoo + conditioner, it also didn’t feel dirty and disgusting, as some of you may think it would.

I can definitely feel the natural oils of my scalp working through the hair which is a good thing and sitting here right now, I can’t smell the vinegar, so also a good sign.

So far, no ill side effects, my scalp isn’t on fire, my eyeballs didn’t fall out, I think I still have hair…..Will go and take the towel off now and give it a brush and see how we went.

Ok so: Success J

I am very pleased with the results.

My hair feels lovely, and smells lovely and even my hands are nice and soft after the coconut oil….Oh yeah, I decided to rub a bit of coconut oil into my hair as well - that’s on the video. Definitely watch that part….what a fascinating product that coconut oil is! Not at all what I was expecting, but still good.

Alright well if I’ve left off any info regarding this first step of the challenge, I’ll come back and update and if you have any questions about it, let me know J

Off to upload the video.

Peace Out.



No comments: