Thursday, August 25, 2011

Less is More

So after my last update, I have learnt that I am yet to master the art of “less is more” especially when it comes to the coconut oil. Even though I used less than the first time, I still used way too much.

Still it was fine for that night but by Sunday/Monday, it was getting pretty greasy. I probably should’ve done another wash on Monday but as I had swimming on Wednesday with my daughter and I knew I'd be washing it that night, I didn’t want to over do it.

Plus I think its all part of the “pushing through the gross phase” and not washing your hair all the time.

In the end, I never ended up going to swimming because my daughter is a bit sick and I didn’t want to be “that mum” with the snotty nosed child coughing and sneezing in the pool on all the other bubs.
But I also couldn’t be bothered to have a shower on Wednesday night so it’s now Thursday and I haven’t done my hair since Saturday haha it’s pretty gross.

Still no dirty hippie dreads though. Each morning I’ve been brushing it in the shower in the water, just rinsing it and letting the natural oils do what they’re designed to do….

I'm in a bit of a ‘flat’ mood tonight and in all honesty, have toyed with the idea of giving up on this challenge…the thought of having to mix up the bicarb again before I jump in the shower just seems too much like hard work tonight…I am missing the ease of just jumping in the shower and having product there and readily available….but I don’t, so the harsh reality would be going to the shops to buy some product which is much more hard work then mixing some bicarb and water in a bottle lol
Plus, my daughter is in bed asleep so I'm not exactly able to leave. And I'm not a quitter! I have committed myself to 2-3 months to see the outcome/results before deciding if I want to continue with this and to make up my own mind as to whether or not it actually works.

So in the spirit of not giving up, I’m going to stop procrastinating, get undressed, and get my ass back in that shower to clean my hair ‘cause it is so disgusting it’s driving me crazy!

No comments: