Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stupid allergies...

Ok so I'm fresh out of the shower…still in my towel actually haha and thought I'd do another quick update.

I’ve decided tonight that I wont put any coconut oil in the ends of my hair because this time I want to see how it fares without it….I find that the first day its all good but then after I've brushed my hair a few times, the coconut oil from the ends has sort of spread all over my hair from the brushing so I want to see how it goes this time without it.

So now of course my hair smells pretty vinegary…I'm thinking I probably need to try to apply the “Less is more” tactic to the apple cider vinegar as well, especially if I don’t always add the coconut oil straight after, but it’s ok, I think tomorrow I might do a bit of a honey treatment…Normally the honey would be used as the ‘conditioner’ after the Shikakamon wash, but I think I like the idea of letting my hair soak in honey for a bit…I love honey J mmm crumpets…

I also can’t help but feel that I’m a fair bit disadvantaged by the fact that I'm allergic to that stupid Shikakai stuff! Someone suggested mixing it up again but instead of pouring on my head, just sort of treating the ends of my hair with it…Not sure I wanna take the risk of getting near that stuff again though so I think I’m going to have to really pull my finger out and start researching what I can use as a substitute! Still so bummed about the Shikakai though…it really did make my hair so nice afterwards and I think this challenge will be much more successful to those who are using it…but for me, I'm open for any and all suggestions of a substitute J

….crap! I had thought of one other thing I wanted to update with but got distracted and now I’ve completely forgotten…Oh well some other time hehe

No comments: