Monday, August 15, 2011

Before we begin

So yesterday I went shopping and purchased all the products needed as per the shopping list in my last entry.

I was planning on kick-starting my NO POO Challenge last night with a Bicarb/ACV wash, however, I fluffed around on the internet too long doing other things and got too sleep.

The last time I washed my hair, with Moo Goo, was on Sunday and by yesterday it was already starting to feel oily on top and in need of a wash. I also have swimming lessons with my daughter tomorrow so wont be bothering to wash my hair with anything until afterwards.

I *may* possibly do a Bicarb/ACV wash tonight once the little one’s in bed asleep but if I do, I will be wary as I was given a tip today to be careful of the bicarb as it could act as a bleach and I could end up with patchy coloured hair……..Not overly worried about it as my hair is often an array of different colours, but I will still be wary and wanted to pass on the warning to any of you reading and possibly doing this.

Today I just tied my hair up for work but have since taken it out and brushed it quite a few times. I don’t yet have a boar bristle brush but will be aiming to get one other tomorrow or Thursday.
While brushing my hair this afternoon, it is starting to feel rather oily on top but it isn’t grossing me out…as I brush from root to tip, the ends of my hair are feeling really soft and silky as opposed to the oily feeling on top.

I have also since been advised that it is best that the ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and the honey are both organic products. MY ACV is organic but I figured I could just use my regular jar of Capilano honey from the breakfast cupboard haha Will go and get some organic stuff either tomorrow or Thursday when I go shopping for the Boar Bristle Brush/

If I get impatient and want to try the honey out before I get around to purchasing the organic, don’t worry - I will be sure to update on that experiment and let you know if I end up looking like breakfast.

I'm also yet to be told of a good recommended onlien store to purchase Soapnut Powder, but when I have it, I will upload the link (and make my purchase).
When I can have time on here uninterrupted I will update the costs involved of the NO POO Challenge.

Peace Out

No comments: